Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pearl Shoe Clips



Hope everyone had a great week. It's finally the weekend! (If you didn't know)
And since that means no school, I'm obviously going to craft.
But today's craft is semi-school-related:
Pearl Shoe Clips


Since I have to dress up to visit patients at the hospital, I have started wearing flats all the time. The only problem is, out of my 4387538 pairs of shoes, I only have, like, 2 pairs of flats. Promise I'm not exaggerating. I started brainstorming ideas to dress them up or make them different because they get really boring.  I had already made the bow clips for them, but that was just because I'm a tad bit obsessed with bows and I can only wear those with certain colors. This led me to pearls. Pearls are always classy and can be worn with pretty much anything. Just ask Auburn sorority girls, they wear them with their over-sized t-shirts and Nike shorts. ;) Just messin.

Supplies:



White felt
Blank hair clips
Plastic Pearls (52 total)
E6000 glue (or other strong glue)
Scissors

How To:


Cut 2 -1.5" felt circles
They don't have to be perfect - promise


Put a dab of glue on the bottom of your pearls and arrange them in the above fashion on your felt circle. The outside pearls are going to be slightly hanging off the felt, so I put a little glue on the sides of those so they stick to the pearls in the middle. Also, make sure the holes in the pearls aren't seen from the top, unless of course, you don't care. I'm too OCD.
Let these dry before gluing the top layer.


For my top layer, I glued one pearl directly on top of the bottom center pearl and then 6 on the outside of that one. The only difficulty with this, is the pearls on the outside are going to try to fall into the creases of the bottom layer. So, I had to hold them in place until they dried just enough to hold themselves.


Lastly, glue your clips to the bottom. I clipped mine to a piece of paper while it dried so the clip didn't glue shut. (That's happened to me before.)

Finally, you have something to dress up those boring flats!



Told you I only have 2 pairs.
Happy weekend!



6 comments:

  1. Adorable, I need some of those! I'm graduating from med school this June. Started my blog to stay sane at the beginning of 3rd year. I have a crafty scientist linky w/ Mel the Crafty Scientist, HERE, if you're interested in joining! xo

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea!! LOVE it. Also just wanted to let you know that I featured your cucumber tomato salad to my healthy recipes link up. Hoping you have some more awesome recipes to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Kayla! Way to save up a lot from the expense of new shoes! I like that instead of permanently gluing the pearls to the shoes, you pinned them. Now you have ‘two pairs’ of black shoes, one that is plain and one that is pimped with pearls, smart! Shannon @ InstantCA.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these and this is just what I was looking for! Does the clip create an indentation in the shoe or will the shoe still be okay to wear without a clip?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...