Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Stocking Holder



So, it's been a little while since I posted. Sorry about that. Not a lot has been going on.  Just a lot of studying Microbiology. Pretty sure I won't be an infectious disease doctor. But what do I know. I will give it the benefit of the doubt.  This stuff is actually okay compared to the Immunology we just got finished with.. Bleh.

The fact that Christmas is steadily approaching is causing my dear friend, Motivation, to hide from me. I think he already went home for the holidays. Haha...But really. That's okay though, at least Crafty has stuck around to keep me company.

I started decorating for Christmas after Thanksgiving break, and it wasn't until then that I realized my random decorations don't actually make a difference (except the tree).  I had a stocking, but no stocking holder. So, as you guessed it (and probably because you saw the title of this post), I am going to show you my DIY stocking holder.


It's not great, but it will do for now.
And it's ANOTHER Mod-Podge craft. Go figure.

Supplies:


2 pieces of scrap wood
Mod-Podge (d'oh)
A paint color
Paint brush
Foam brush
E6000 or wood glue
Paper
Letter of your first name
(chipboard or sticker - I used my Cricut)
A hook
(got mine in the Walmart hardware section - they screw in)

Paint your wood pieces in a preferred color
Cut your paper down to size and Mod-Podge on your top piece
Stick on your letter with glue or Mod-Podge
Glue the top wood piece to the bottom piece
Screw your hook into the front of the bottom piece
Hang your stocking on the hook!


:)
Stay tuned for more Christmas crafts!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...