Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reindeer Cupcakes



I can't remember if I told you this or not (so I'm going to tell you again), but we have had several pharmacology cases over the past few weeks.
And for some reason, I decided it was a good idea to bring cupcakes for my group every time we had a case. So, since we had another one yesterday, I brought more cupcakes.
Except, this one was our last, so I decided to make them festive for the holidays. And, once again, everyone was impressed for some reason.
So for this post, I am going to show you that you don't have to be cupcake-competent to make these little babies.


What you need:


Box of chocolate cake mix
Chocolate icing
Hard pretzals
Vanilla wafers
White candies for the eyes (I used York pieces)
Red and brown candy pieces for the nose (M&Ms)
Black icing for the pupils and a small round tip to attach

Steps:

Bake your cupcakes (follow the box directions - not hard, promise)
Let them cool
Frost with a butterknife (also not hard - no fancy frosting tip needed)

Add a vanilla wafer to on side of your cupcake


Dab a little frosting onto the side of the M&M with the writing on it and stick it on the middle of the vanilla wafer (disclaimer: this may be the hardest part....)


Add two white candies for the eyes


Take your black decorating icing and dab a small spot on each white piece for the pupils
(I made them all a little different)
I think this may tie with the nose step for the hardest part...


Then, add two pretzals for the antlers and you have some cute, festive cupcakes that everyone will be amazed by!



Oh, for the record, at the time I was making these, I honestly thought there were 12 reindeer and that I was being super creative for making only 1 Rudolph. (Don't ask me why, but I honestly thought this for a decently short time). But once I sang the song (AFTER I had made them), I realized there are really only 9. So, whatever. Knowing how many reindeer there are doesn't exactly take priority on my knowledge list. Maybe it will after my test Friday.


2 comments:

  1. So cute! I wish I got to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! Pinning to remember them later. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...