Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Countdown



I know I told you guys I had a wedding project to show you soon, and I do.
But first, I want to show you my Halloween countdown.  
Have you ever seen/owned (my family owns some) those calendar blocks where you change the numbers everyday?
You know, like these

Well, I decided to take the concept and change it into a countdown for my second favorite holiday
HALLOWEEN

I used:
2-2"x2" unfinished wooden blocks
A piece of scrap wood for the bottom
Black paint and paintbrush
Scraps of Halloween themed scrapbook paper
Mod Podge
My Cricut and the Jubilee cartridge
(I didn't use the acrylic sealant that you see in the picture, oh, and that cheese dip jar you see is actually homeade mod-podge - found here)


Steps:
First, I painted all of the wood black
Second, I measured out 2"x2" squares and mod podged them to the blocks
Then, using my Cricut, I cut out 0,1,2,3,4,5 for the first block and 0,1,2,7,8,9 (9 doubles as a 6) for the second block
I also cut the word "countdown" for my bottom piece of wood
Lastly, I mod podged the numbers and letters to the wood
(Since most people don't own a Cricut, you can always use stickers for the letters and numbers)

Final Product



There are now only 27 days left until I can scarf down as much candy as possible before going into a sugar coma! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...