Sunday, July 10, 2011

Surprise!!



So last Wednesday was my super cool, future mother-in-law's 50th birthday and her family decided to throw her a surprise party this past weekend.  The whole family went down to her parents' (my future grandparents-in-laws') house on Lake Martin for a full day of eating, swimming, and boat riding. It was a lot of fun and I think she was actually surprised, judging by the picture anyways!


 Seeing as it was another opportunity to make cupcakes, that is exactly what I did.  Except this time, I spent more time on the display, rather than the actual cupcakes.


I made strawberry and chocolate cupcakes, both from a box.  The strawberry were topped with a homeade cream cheese icing and the chocolate cupcakes had a chocolate mousse type icing. Every one of them were devoured, and for that I am grateful, because that meant none of them had to come back home with me! The tower is made of three different size boxes that I just wrapped in gift wrap and wrapped matching ribbon around them to make it look like I actually put effort into it.  The toppers, the wrappers, and the 50 on the middle box I just cut out with my Cricut using the Cupcake cartridge and I assembled them with a glue stick. Easy peasy. I realized after I finished making everything that it looked more like a 5 year old's birthday party than a 50 year olds, but who cares.  I think she liked it regardless, and I am so glad I could contribute to her day. :)


Happy birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...