Thursday, July 14, 2011

Muggle T-Shirts



It is the day I (along with everyone else) have been waiting years for. 
Tonight is the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two
That's it.  Then its all over.
The most epic book/movie sequence of my generation.
No more midnight premieres.
No more jumping in my car and heading to the theater as soon as tickets go on sale.
No more standing in line 3 hours at the theater before the movie actually starts.
No more dressing up in my best Hogwarts related attire.
Its quite sad, really. (Said in my best Hermione accent.)
However, I couldn't be more excited to see this movie.

That leads me to today's DIY project:
Muggle T-shirts


My sister and I made T-shirts the last premeire as well, but instead of using the iron-on letters this time, I decided to take a different approach to make them look more Harry Potter like.

What you'll need:

Black T-shirt
White Fabric Paint
Foam Paint Brush
Freezer Paper
Exacto Knife
Self-Healing Mat
Iron
"Muggle" print out (I used the Harry P font that I found here)

**My font size was 375 for a size Small t-shirt


Step 1- Cut out your stencil
Place the print out on the self-healing mat, and place the freezer paper over the print out.
Make sure the shiny side of the freezer paper is down.
Then, carefully cut the outline of the word with your exacto knife.
Don't forget to cut the holes in the g's and the e!


Step 2- Prep your shirt
Place a clean piece of freezer paper inside your shirt, shiny side up.
I also put a piece of cardboard underneath the paper, but I don't think this is really necessary.
Smooth out any wrinkles on the shirt.

Step 3- Iron on the stencil
Position your stencil cut-out where you want
Gently iron down your stencil
About 15 seconds is all this takes


Step 4- Paint
Lightly dab your fabric paint onto the stencil.
I just used a small, cheap foam brush for this part and I only used 2 coats of paint.

Step 5- Let dry, then wear!
Tada! You're finished. How easy was that?
Now put on your best muggle smile and go watch some Harry Potter! :)



As for me, I am going to kick off my Harry Potter Party that I've been planning the past few days.
No worries though, Professor Trelawney wants you to know that there will be another blog post in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...