Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hobs Lobs Craft



This past week has been full of cardio, cardio, cardio. (And I don't mean  the exercise kind, although, I've been doing a little of that, too). I've started studying even more than usual, ergo, I have had less and less free time. Depressing. But, no matter how busy I get, I will always schedule "me time." If I didn't, I'm quite positive I would lose my sanity (and be depressed, probably do worse in school, end up failing out, have to start flipping burgers and folding jeans everyday (not that there is anything wrong with that - it just won't pay off these loans), and then live a life of sadness never being able to craft again because all my money will be spent slowly paying off $50,000). You see where I'm going with this?
Bottom Line: "Me time" is important. Really, it's important for everyone's health. (Not my "me time"...your "you time")

My most recent trip to Hobs Lobs was during the "After-Christmas-everything-is-practically-free sale"
During my search, I found these cute little unfinished wood ornaments.


Since they say "winter" and "snow" I thought they would make cute little winter door-knob decorations for the apartment. Best part, they were only 20 cents each.
Going back to the beginning of this post, I decided these would be fun and quick to finish during my down time. So, that's what I did this week. Pretty much all I did this week, actually. (Aside from studying).
Decided to throw some winter-esque paint on them and follow that up with some glitter. Because glitter makes everything better. (Everyone should know this. It's like, the most important law in crafting. Like the law of gravity is to our everyday life.) Yeah, I went there.

Here's what they ended up looking like: 


Hanging in it's new home
(I didn't think about the fact my doors are all white until after I had painted them. Go figure)


Honestly, what would I/we do without Hobby Lobby? Hmm, the thought alone is too difficult to imagine. ;)
Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...