Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!



Happy Valentine's Day!
Between all the sweets from my classmates, coffee, and facebook, it has been exceptionally hard to pay attention in class this morning. I can officially show you all my VDay projects I've been working on since I finally distributed them today! But first, I wanted to show you my valentine's "mantel" ....since I never really got around to doing that and I'm kinda proud of it.


I made the topiaries last year and I got the little bears from Hobs Lobs during their VDay clearance on year.


The letters are just chipboard letters covered in paper and stickers


The banner I made from cutting hearts out of paint chips. Paint chips = free!


Last night, I got my Betty Crocker/Martha Stewart on and made some sweets. One of the desserts I made is for VDay dinner with the fiance. So, I can't show you that yet. But, for my classmates, I made strawberry cupcakes (from a box, of course) with homeade cream cheese icing. I'll post the recipe another day.


I also made special valentines for my close friends. I saw the idea on some craft blog a while back and I thought it was perfect for med school. Because it's something that we all use everyday to study. It's a little bit cheesy, but that's okay. 
Highlighters!


This weekend, I bought some Samoa girl scout cookies while I was out with the fiance. I know he likes them, so I figured I'd incorporate a few into his VDay gift. I thought up a super cheesy saying to go along with them (since everything else I made was cheesy). I probably wasn't the first to come up with it, but I thought I was funny so I'm going to pretend I did. Don't judge.

 

For all of the gifts, I just packaged them in ziplock bags, rolled down the tops, cut a strip of festive paper to fold across the top and pinned it all together with a wooden clothespin and my handwritten message! I feel like that's enough Valentine's Day stuff thrown into one post to make anyone want to gag. So, I promise I'll stop now. (But mainly because there is nothing left to show you). Hope everyone is having a great day with the ones they love (whether it's a special someone, friends or family!)



7 comments:

  1. BESTIES!

    (sam = totes jeally)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's my Valentine's present? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lucky friends, and fiance, too....cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you came up with for the Samoas - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great valentines gift ideas!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...