Sunday, August 14, 2011

Three Weeks Down and White Coat



Today was the day I've been waiting for since I got accepted to medical school.
White Coat Ceremony Day.


Dean Watts and I


The family


The fiance

Best.Day.Ever.
(Okay, so I realize I've had a lot of "best-day-ever" days lately- whatever.)
Friday marked the end of our first module, Patient, Doctor and Society.
Thursday we had our final exam/first med school test and it went decently well. Especially for not studying very much.
I passed the class.
That's all that matters, right? :)

I can't believe 3 weeks have already gone by.
Craaaaazy.
Tomorrow, we will finally start the "fun" stuff, aka- FUN-damentals 1, and I am actually semi-excited. Also a tad bit scared. 

Switching to a more serious note.
The past three weeks have included many talks about the stresses of medical school and the effects it may have on us and where to go if something is wrong.
Depression. Loneliness. Sleep deprivation.
Lack of motivation/burn-out. Sickness.
And the list goes on.
It's pretty scary the more I think/hear about it and even more scary since I have already seen some of these things happen to several other professional students (not just medical sudents).

It's pretty closed-minded to think that one of these things "could never happen to me" because, in all reality, something definitely could.
It's just really hard to imagine it because of how I have felt these past three weeks. I've been crazy happy since I started school.
Like smiling all the time, freakishly happy.
I'm meeting amazing new people.
I'm getting to fulfill my goals.
I'm engaged to my best friend.
There is absolutely nothing else I could wish for right now (well, maybe for a wedding to magically plan itself-kidding) and I could not be more thankful!

Thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement that got me where I am today.
Loves <3

Oh, and on a side note, I have a new project post coming soon! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...